As festival organizers, we try to bring something new or different to Christkindlmarket Des Moines each year. Check out what’s new for #CDM2019 at Principal Park.
1. PARKING – Enjoy FREE surface lot parking in the two lots between SW 2nd and SW 3rd Streets – there are 373 spots.
2. ‘Twas the Night Before #CDM2019 Preview Experience on Thursday, December 5, 5 – 9pm. Includes free parking, access to the venue and vendors before the festival opens to the public, a commemorative mug and food/drink tickets. GET TICKETS!
3. Covered Weihnachtswald (Christmas Forest) that will keep both our beautifully decorated non-profit trees and our marketgoers a bit cozier and hopefully help us raise even more money for so many worthwhile causes across Iowa.
4. INGE ornaments for sale An der Weihnachtsecke: Inge-Glas of Germany is the oldest Christmas ornament company in the world. They started in the mid-1850’s in Lauscha, Germany. Their Christmas Heirloom glass ornaments are the result of 14 generations of glass blowing expertise and a cache of over 6000 antique and new molds. These German mouth-blown and hand-painted ornaments represent the skill, heart and effort of over 250 craftsmen employed by Inge-Glas. Inge ornaments are easily recognizable by their trademark STAR CAP.
5. Three Glühwein serving areas – With an expanded venue comes an additional Glühwein serving area to help meet your demands! We will have a total of three Glühwein and two beer serving areas at Christkindlmarket Des Moines this year.
6. We’re pleased to feature Verak X.O. as a Glühwein add-in at #CDM2019. This brandy comes to us all the way from Stone Castle Winery in Kosovo. Have it added to your Glühwein for that added “kick”!
7. 31 vendors: 14 vendors serving food, 17 gift and specialty vendors
8. 13 New vendors: Held Companies, Nymph In The Woods, Three In One Artworks, Danish Windmill, K & S Kitchen LLC, The Kringle Man (Village Cafe), The Big Red Food Truck, Pam Hyde Pottery, Kids in The Hall, The Danish Table :: Hygge Kitchen ::, Swede Point Creamery, DreiBerge Coffee, Hot Lunch