You will once again be able to bid on silent auction items via text and online at event.gives/cdm2019.
Here, you can view and bid on silent auction trees starting December 5th at 5pm during our preview event, “Twas the Night Before CDM 2019” and through the duration of the market December 6th– 8th with bidding closing at 3pm Sunday, December 8th. If you are lucky enough to place the winning bid, you can pick the tree up Sunday evening, December 8th between 5:30 and 7:30pm.
You will notice that once you join the auction, you will receive a link to view all the items. Because you are bidding via text, you will receive a notification each time someone outbids you, and when you are the winning bidder. You can pay and receive your items more quickly than ever before.
Here’s how to join the auction.
Text the keyword cdm2019 to 843.606.5995 or go online to register and start bidding on December 5th at 5pm.
1. If you already have a Bidr account, you will be ready to bid! If not, the text will welcome you to the auction and ask for your name.
2. Once you have provided your name, Bidr will invite you to bid on an item by entering an item ID or by clicking on the link to the event website.
3. You can find item numbers on the Item Cards set up at the event.
4. Once you have texted the item number, Bidr will tell you what the current bid is.
5. Then you simply text in your bid, no dollar signs or commas needed.
6. Bidr will confirm your bid AND give you the opportunity to text “delete bid” if you entered your bid incorrectly.
7. Bidr will notify you through text each time you are outbid and give you the opportunity to bid again.
**Should you have any problems bidding, contact the auction organizer by emailing Missy at email@example.com
Note: All item numbers will have a zero first. The zero must be input for the system to register this as an item and not a bid.